Google+ Two-Wheeled Tourist: Food Review: Todai Seafood Buffet (Schaumburg, IL)

10.22.2010

Food Review: Todai Seafood Buffet (Schaumburg, IL)

I enjoyed this restaurant from the week Matt and I got married so I'll share this review with you all.

Matt, our friend Victor, and I had the opportunity to have our fill of seafood at the Todai Seafood Buffet inside of the Woodfield Shopping Center in Schaumburg, IL before I had to take Victor back on his plane to Long Beach. We were super hungry, so the perk of "all-you-can-eat" was all we needed to get in the door. This is definitely a buffet I'd like to visit again.

To summarize the place, imagine a long buffet line filled with gobs and gobs of all-you-can-eat sushi, sashimi, and hot Japanese/Chinese food. I had my share of fresh raw salmon, Hawaiian ahi poke by the scoop, and hand-made rolls galore. For those desiring hot food, there was also a selection of soups, cooked fish and other sea creatures, rice, and noodles. I think I overdosed on pickled ginger too. :)

My only criticism of the place is that they charged for beverages other than water, but the approximately $20 per person tab is a small price to pay for the amount of freshly served seafood. Additionally, this Todai's main focus is definitely not on aesthetics as it resembles more of a cafeteria with Japanese accents. It's a straight-up buffet-style restaurant, so don't expect it to be a romantic place; it's not like you're looking around and enjoying the atmosphere while you're sucking down fish!

I had known about Todai Seafood Buffet before (there are several locations in Southern CA and in Las Vegas) but this was the first time I got to eat there. I'd like to go back sometime, but the two (soon to be three) closest locations to Columbus are in northeast Illinois and Virginia. Sounds like another series motorcycle rides. And as you know, I have been known to ride Eleanor to places just for the food.

To find locations near you, visit http://www.todai.com. Mmm...sushi.

No comments:

Post a Comment