Google+ Two-Wheeled Tourist: Food Review: Choe's Asian Gourmet (Beavercreek, OH)

12.01.2010

Food Review: Choe's Asian Gourmet (Beavercreek, OH)

Finally, gourmet Asian food with a designer flare has come to the Dayton area! Choe's Asian Gourmet, located at The Greene, an open-air shopping center off of I-675 in Beavercreek/Kettering, opened less than two weeks ago to an area that was begging for a larger variety of exotic, off-beat restaurants. This is the third restaurant opened in Ohio of this type owned by a single company, the other two being Asian Gourmet and Sushi Bar in Gahanna and Edamame Sushi Grill at the Easton Town Center. I have been a loyal customer of Edamame since I moved here to Columbus and was curious to see this new location. It is also conveniently located a few blocks from my home hockey rink for my team, the Dayton Fangs.

The atmosphere of this venue evokes a romantic atmosphere with its dimly lit open seating while the sushi bar and tall-seating area had a very modern, simplistic look. I recognized one of the sushi chefs from Edamame, and the server also informed me that many of the employees were from the other two restaurants and helping with transition and training.

Choe's Asian Gourmet's menu is very similar to its Columbus couterpart, Asian Gourmet and Sushi Bar, with a few additional entrees and appetizers. There were several other surprises as well, such as the addition of Thai Pad See Ew noodles and different rolls such as the Samurai (pictured below) that isn't available at either of the Columbus locations. I ordered both those entrees and was very impressed with their quality and flavor. For someone looking for a good place to enjoy well-done Asian food, Choe's offers a comprehensive menu of Chinese, Korean, Japanese, and Thai dishes.

Here's the other half of my Samurai roll. Mmm...smoked salmon, cream cheese, and wasabi mayo.
Although this restaurant is still in its beginning stages, it was definitely staffed with extremely experienced servers and chefs. I enjoyed my dinner and look forward to returning there for a pre-game warm-up or post-game victory meal.

 Choe's Asian Gourmet on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Highly overpriced menu
    Our waitress was clueless, and the manager was no better.
    Been to their other restaurants in other parts LOVED IT, EXCELLENT, Here, not even close

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I got lucky then. I've found my experiences at restaurants to vary, but they did a great job the night I was there. Working out the kinks at any new establishment is a challenge in itself.

    ReplyDelete