Google+ Two-Wheeled Tourist: Eleanor hangs out with Dirk Blacker Graphix

5.27.2012

Eleanor hangs out with Dirk Blacker Graphix

A couple weeks ago, my store held an Armed Forces Day Celebration event where I invited several vendors to come and advertise their businesses/services. Among them was custom pinstriper and sign painter Dirk Blacker. He brought his samples and paint with him, and after seeing some of his work, I had him help me fulfill a dream that I had in the back of my mind for many years: to draw Traveler and Tommy Trojan somewhere on my FJR1300.

Here's a little photo collage of what he did to my motorcycle. Here's the image that I gave him, and Dirk got to work on it.
This design is originally a sticker, but simply slapping this on the machine wouldn't do it any justice.
Here's Dirk with the work in progress.
He doesn't need much room to work. Dirk has done tons of rallies in his long career.
Some of his other examples. His artwork goes far beyond motorcycles.
The finished product! Going to show off my Trojan pride now.
For more examples of Dirk's work, check out http://www.dirkblacker.com/. Or just find my bike cruising around somewhere in Columbus. I highly recommend his services!

No comments:

Post a Comment