Google+ Two-Wheeled Tourist: A Quick Jaunt to Pittsburgh...for meatballs and retail therapy.

8.12.2013

A Quick Jaunt to Pittsburgh...for meatballs and retail therapy.

Last week, I had a hankering for some Swedish meatballs from IKEA. So, I jumped on the bike and headed next door to Pittsburgh for lunch. Because that's what you do when you have a motorcycle...you ride an absurd amount of miles for food.

On the way there, I did stop at one of the service stations on the turnpike toll roads for a Starbucks and an EZ Pass so I wouldn't have to keep digging for change in my pockets every time I hit one of those toll booth stations. Here are some of the strange findings from my quick day jaunt over to my neighboring state to the east.

I needed this book...like 20 years ago.
This guy parked a couple stalls away from me. I've always loved the special edition color scheme on the Honda VFR800 Interceptor.
Oh IKEA, home of affordable furniture, tasty food, and random Swedish names on everything.
This was so worth the ride. Too bad I didn't bring a cooler...I would've taken a bag of frozen meatballs home with me!
...if that doesn't work, I'll cover you.
That may be your name, but do you drive a car?
After a walk through the store and a frozen yogurt, I headed across town to the REI store in South Pittsburgh for some research. The good news is that it won't be long until this store finally makes it to Columbus, OH very soon.


Portable fuel bottle! Picking up one of these eventually.
Another sticker for the collection. Pennsylvania does have a special place in my heart.