Google+ Two-Wheeled Tourist: Quick Bites: Bossa Nova Brazilian Cuisine (Hollywood, CA)

11.23.2016

Quick Bites: Bossa Nova Brazilian Cuisine (Hollywood, CA)

This year, I'm fortunate to have a significant other who definitely put some thought into how we were going to celebrate my birthday. How much thought? He had been thinking about this for more than six months. To my surprise, he brought me to Bossa Nova Brazilian Cuisine in Los Angeles/Hollywood (7181 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90046) right before we enjoyed a Melissa Polinar concert just down the street.

After a very delectable appetizer of Fresh Mozzarella Bruschetta (no pics available because it disappeared quite fast), I ordered their fresh from the grill pub steak (made from 21 day aged prime Omaha steak). My steak was served with salsa, yucca flour, brown rice, mashed potatoes, and fried plantains.


The pub steak was very tender and juicy, cooked perfectly at my preference, medium rare. The mashed potatoes were creamy and didn't need any gravy. The fried plantains were sweet and smooth. However, I think the biggest thing that had me sold on this place was the side of yucca flour included with my dish. Somehow, the mix of that on the meat and the brown rice just brought out a pleasant meshing of flavors that was unforgettably unique. This wasn't just a steak plate. It had personality with Brazilian undertones. This place has been added to my list of favorite, "special" restaurants.

Huge tip: come hungry, because the portions are huge and filling. I've heard from friends who have been to this restaurant that their pizzas are very tasty, too. That may be an option if I end up back in this area on a super late night run.

Bossa Nova Brazilian Cuisine has three locations in Los Angeles. For more information, please visit http://www.bossanovafood.com/.

Bossa Nova Brazilian Cuisine Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment