Google+ Two-Wheeled Tourist: The Two-Wheeled Tourist is back home with a vengeance.

3.13.2014

The Two-Wheeled Tourist is back home with a vengeance.

I was once told by a very skeptical person that when I left California in 2009 to take a chance, start a new life in Ohio, and explore new roads that once I left the Golden State that I would never return.

I say to this person and those who believed the same thing, talk to the hand because the face isn't listening. And while I'm at it, I still got a finger that works.



As I have done over the years on multiple accomplishments in my life, be it living independently, riding a motorcycle (well, might I add), traveling the United States on multiple modes of transportation, and embarking on my adventures of self-discovery, I have proven the critics wrong. I have fought with tooth and nail for the privilege to start a new chapter of my life in the place that has always been my home and now I am back to continue where I left off. And I'm not leaving...never again.

Times have changed and so did the people who I thought I knew well. Unfortunately, those changes were for the worse and to this day are inexplicable by any type of logic. Those changes also threw me into a loop and tested my resilience and emotional fortitude as I fought every day to get through the new challenges that were set before me. There were days of tears and days of wanting to tear through walls. But in the end, I made it and I am still in one piece.

The journey home, both physically and mentally, may have been a lonely one for those many hours on the road, but the amount of help that I've received from friends and family has been immense. I have found inspiration to keep driving on from the most unlikely places and I am grateful for that.

Now, I don't quote much from pop culture or literature, but there is a poem written recently for the video game, Halo, that has resonated in my mind during these trying times, most especially its title, "Forward Unto Dawn." I find myself saying that phrase a lot in my own mind. Move forward from what has caused me pain, look back for just a glance to honor the moments that had built my character, and then turn my head once again toward the sun for my destiny is closer than it seems. I leave with you these thoughts and the hope you also look forward to your dawn.

Through Knowledge, Victory. Through Unity, Peace.
Honor, Valor, Allegiance.
Today. Tomorrow. Forever.
Together We Rise. Together We Prevail.
Forward Unto Dawn.
From Earth, For Earth.
Honor, Valor, Allegiance, Excellence.
Today. Tomorrow. Forever.
Together We Rise. Together We Prevail.
Forward Unto Dawn.
From Earth, For Earth.
Honor, Valor, Allegiance, Excellence.
From Earth, For Earth.
Today. Tomorrow. Forever.
Together We Rise. Together We Prevail.
Forward Unto Dawn.

1 comment: