Google+ Two-Wheeled Tourist: Random Ride: Sneaking Out of Columbus

4.25.2010

Random Ride: Sneaking Out of Columbus

I decided to see where I'd end up after traveling up OH State Route 3 (a.k.a. The 3-C Highway) for a while. Starting from Westerville, I passed through farm fields, wooded areas, and some of the following towns:

Genoa Township
Centerburg: the town closest to the geographic center of the state
Mt. Vernon: home of Kenyon College and Mt. Vernon Nazarine University

I then took State Route 661 down toward Columbus which put me about 25 east of the outskirts of the city. This quiet road was full of hills and straightaways where you could set the bike on cruise and enjoy the scenery. US 40 (the National Road) took me back into town. Map is below.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment