Google+ Two-Wheeled Tourist: Riding to Albany, NY - Day 1

7.04.2010

Riding to Albany, NY - Day 1

It's been a long day with a 660 mile ride from Columbus, OH to Albany,
NY. I am currently testing posting via e-mail using my Pocket PC so
posts over the next few days will be straight from the road.

I left at 6AM with another rider who joined me and rode all the way to
Albany. The route was pretty much I-71, I-77, I-80, and I-87. It went
relatively well, except for the temperatures hitting the high 90s and
causing quite a bit of discomfort on the journey. We had to stop at a
McDonald's in Eastern Pensylvania to cool off and for me to throw on
my evaporative cooling vest.

On the way there we passed by a caravan of several WOW riders from
Missouri. I'll be seeing them again in a couple days.
I arrived at my hotel around 7:30PM and went to diner at a very
intersting and tasty Italian restaurant called Delmonaco's Italian
Steakhouse (1553 Central Ave., Albany). They're known for their 24oz
Delmonico steak and with good reason; it's quite a slab of juicy meat.
If you're in Albany and want to go to an offbeat place full of classic
Sinatra-esque nostalgia, lots of caricatures, and good homestyle
Italian cuisine, this is definitely one option.

That's all for now. Tomorrow I'm off to visiting Rhode Island,
Massachusetts, Maine, and eventually, my final destination of Vermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment