Google+ Two-Wheeled Tourist: Food Review: The Green Papaya (Lincoln, NE)

4.13.2012

Food Review: The Green Papaya (Lincoln, NE)

Authentic Vietnamese food in Lincoln...NEBRASKA? It's a bit far from Westminster, CA but the flavor is definitely spot on!

I rode past this place on my motorcycle on the way to the Super 8 hotel in Lincoln, NE where I have my quarterly board meeting with the Women On Wheels® Board of Trustees and just had to try it today during our lunch break. It's been a while since I had Vietnamese food; the last time I had a nice hot bowl of pho (beef portions and rice noodles) was in La Habra at the then newly-opened Olivia's Bistro almost three years ago.

I took a couple of my fellow WOW board members along for what turned out to be a very tasty first-time experience for both of them.

We came into the restaurant and were immediately greeted. For my pho, I ordered the combination bowl that included beef sirloin, flank steak, brisket, tendon, tripe, and meatballs. When I go with pho, I like everything in it. The entire bowl was very well balanced. I was able to taste all of the ingredients in the soup and it wasn't salty like some other bowls that I've had in the past. It disappeared quite quickly.

Huge bowl of pho! Bring your appetite!
For dessert, I indulged in a Thai bubble tea. It took me back home to CA for just a few minutes with its sweet and creamy texture. The boba (tapioca balls) at the bottom was plentiful and were properly cooked.


After hanging out in Lincoln area a few times, I would consider this place to be a local culinary gem in my book. The restaurant is Vietnamese-owned and completely authentic. If you're driving through Lincoln, NE on I-80, swing down 27th Street and make a stop here - and perhaps spend the night at the Cornhusker Super 8 (they've taken care of us every time we've been here)

The Green Papaya Vietnamese Cuisine & Deli is located at 2701 N. 27th St. in Lincoln. Check out their Facebook page and give them a like!

Green Papaya on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment