Google+ Two-Wheeled Tourist: Strange(r) uses for an FJR1300 (a.k.a. Pickup truck? I don't need no stinkin' pickup truck!)

4.22.2012

Strange(r) uses for an FJR1300 (a.k.a. Pickup truck? I don't need no stinkin' pickup truck!)

It is normal for someone to ask me, considering the amount of miles on my FJR1300's odometer, "Where have you been with that bike?"

I wish someone would ask me, "What have you done with that bike?"

Sometimes, the most interesting adventures my motorcycle are experiences that don't rely on the number of miles to be memorable, but what has been done with that machine in short distances.

In a 2010 blog post here on Two-Wheeled Tourist, I featured one of Eleanor's "hidden" talents, her ability to pull a trailer and carry large objects. (Click here to read "I rode my bike to trailer week"). This weekend, I get to add an additional ability to her résumé: tree removal and landscaping.

Matt borrowed my bike on Friday to tow our old 1986 Honda Aero 50 two-stroke scooter to work via trailer to hand it over to its new owner - here's an older photo of the same task for reference.


Later that day, he utilized the bike to transport a 300lb. dead tree stump to the back of a building after initially extracting it from the front lawn by using the bike to yank it from the earth. With a tow strap tied to the FJR's trailer hitch and the other end on the clump of organic mass, Matt dragged the object successfully across the parking lot.

I'll let the video do all the talking. Enjoy. And nice work, Eleanor.

No comments:

Post a Comment