Google+ Two-Wheeled Tourist: The 2013 SoCal Holiday Excursion Recap: Part 3

2.07.2014

The 2013 SoCal Holiday Excursion Recap: Part 3

**This is a recap of my vacation back to Southern California from 12/28/13-1/9/14.**

It is usually a cliche to say "new year, new start." For me, this particular New Year was the beginning of many new starts that will unfold throughout this year and for many years to come. I was off on the motorcycle early to begin writing (and in some cases, re-writing) several new adventures in my personal saga.

I opened the morning with ride through the Palos Verdes Peninsula and the switchbacks of Palos Verdes Drive East. For those who have ridden with me, it's what I've called "the lunch ride." For this particular morning, the marine layer was just starting to burn off so I had a few moments to gather my thoughts from the outlook of the Starbucks that faced the ocean.

My first order of business was to bring closure to a lengthy story that began six years ago at this exact same spot and ride away with a resolve to search for a much better life.





Heading back up Hawthorne Blvd. and eventually toward the 405 freeway (I was spending my time in the Valley that day), the marine layer had finally burned off into a slight haze, allowing me to take this photo from a popular vista point along the road.


I made it to the Panorama City/North Hollywood area at lunchtime. It was pretty much a no-brainer what my friend and I were going to have for lunch today. I'd like fries and spread with my onions, please.


I also met this particular fuzzy named "Fox." Actually, he's a dog, a very interesting rescue mutt to say the least. The story I got was that he was rejected by two forever homes. I guess third time's a charm, especially when he's surrounded by a bunch of animal-loving housemates who are particularly fond of his playfulness. How do you reject a face like that, anyway? Those eyes...


In the next part of this recap, I get to talk electric cars, long-distance haircuts, and Hawaiian fried chicken. Stay tuned.