Google+ Two-Wheeled Tourist: The 2013 SoCal Holiday Excursion Recap: Part 4

2.20.2014

The 2013 SoCal Holiday Excursion Recap: Part 4

**This is a recap of my vacation back to Southern California from 12/28/13-1/9/14.**

Another day on the Daytona 675 took me into West LA and the Tesla service station where I got to check out one of the most of the technologically advanced cars on the market. Tesla cars are 100% electric with the power and speed of a high-end sports car.

This particular one is a 2013 Tesla Model S 85 with power equivalent to 400 HP and uses no gas. That means plug and play! For many people, the current issue with electric cars is the lack of charging stations and the initial cost of the vehicles. Hopefully machines like this will be far more affordable and considered as a truly viable alternative to fossil fuel-powered vehicles in the near future. Still though, these are amazing works of technology that showcase the potential of cleaner sources of energy.

Imagine your entire dashboard replaced with LCD screens and an overgrown iPad. Sign of the times when CD slots, radio dials, and buttons are completely gone.
The [over] proliferation of hybrid cars in California have pretty much made true electric cars the only vehicles that one can drive solo in the carpool lane. Oh wait, motorcycles have always been allowed to do that!
The power port is stealthily hidden underneath the left turn signal.
After the car show-and-tell, it was a straight shot back down the 405 and 91 freeways to the MasterCuts at the Lakewood mall to see an old friend and my long-time hairstylist, Sylvie. Since it was rush hour, I did get to throw some lane splitting back into my motorcycle diet as well. Yeah, I traveled 2500 miles and several freeways to get my classic do, because I'm hardcore like that. Loyalty goes a long way with me, and Sylvie is awesome.


For dinner, I went out with a couple friends to get my Hawaiian BBQ fix at Back Home in Lahaina in Carson. One cannot go wrong with a small plate of Hawaiian fried chicken and a side of iced tea. Yep, that was some tasty stuff.


In the next part of this trip recap, I pull out the guns...literally. Throw in some soccer games in the cold of winter and a Filipino party and it sounds like Southern California all over again!